This course aims to impart a definitive understanding of basic definitions pertaining to percussion such as beats, rhythms, bars and an introduction to the syllables that make up the language of Konnakol.
12 sessions of 45 minutes each.
Online batch size: Minimum of 1 maximum of 3 participants
- The meaning and difference between beat, rhythm and tempo
- Notating percussive ideas
- Grasping percussive syllables
- Reading and reciting percussive phrases
At the end of this course, the participant/student will be able to
1. Identify and follow the beat and time signature of any most pieces of popular music
2. Read and write rhythmic notations
3. Start learning any percussive instrument
4. Begin developing a mental pulse,i.e. a sense of rhythm