Shivaratri is a big festival in India, and marks the remembrance of "overcoming darkness and ignorance" in life and the world. It is observed by remembering Lord Shiva and chanting prayers, meditating, and of course, singing. And what better way to offer prayer to the Lord than to sing his compositions. There are several compositions in Carnatic music that have been composed on Lord Shiva. To make it interesting for young children, this pack has 3 songs on Lord Shiva along with learning the story behind Shivaratri, a few stories of Shiva from the Puranas, and places in India that have famous Temples on Shiva along with their visuals.
1. To learn 2 nottu swarams on Lord Shiva - Varashiva Balam, Sadashiva Jaaye
2. To learn a Shiva Bhajan - Shiva Shiva
3. To understand the story of Shivaratri
4. Get an insight into various temples of Lord Shiva in India
The student should be between the ages of 5 and 14
1. Sing the three compositions in the right tune with rhythm/tala
2. Understand briefly the importance of Lord Shiva