This course is for students who have completed the Trinity College Grade 1 course. The course further expands on reading Guitar Tablature and Staff Notation introduced in the first course. Students are also introduced to basic music theory.They will learn melodies using techniques they learn during the course
The course objective is to:
1.Introduce students to advanced sheet music including topics like DUETS,CHORDS,BASS SOLO ACCOMPANIMENT,CHROMATICS,MINOR KEY.
2.Introduce students to the concept of harmony.
3.Prepare students for TRINITY GRADE 2 EXAMINATION.
- Completion of Trinity College Grade 2 Part 1 course
- Student should have a guitar and a tuner app
- Student should have Relevant Books for Trinity Grade 2 Acoustic Guitar Exam
Practical (Pieces & Aural Skills)
- Trinity pieces for Guitar Grade 2
- Exercises and Theory for Grade 2 Trinity Guitar
The Student would be able to:
1. Appear for the Trinity Practical Grade 2 Examination and Play 3 pieces
2. Able to demonstrate technical workings - playing scales and arpeggios
3. Able to sight read
4. Have knowledge of basic music theory
5. Play along with other guitarists.